Modifying Child Support

In order to request a change, the parent who is requesting the modification must file a Petition to Modify, in which he or she seeks modification of the Final Decree of Divorce. Unless there is a material and substantial change in circumstances, such as the non-custodial parent getting a really big raise, or the child suddenly requires additional support due to illness, child support may generally only be modified every three years, and then, only if the amount of the child support payment would increase or decrease by 20% or $100.00.

Bottom Line

Serious circumstances require a seriously-effective attorney. Whatever issue you face, you don’t have to face it alone. Attorney Vince Handler will help you resolve the issue so you can get on with your life. Contact us today.

More Topics