Either you are thinking of calling it quits or your spouse just served you with divorce papers. Whether it will be uncontested or a fight to the finish, the decisions you make during this time will have an enormous impact on you for the rest of your life.
Divorce is a frustrating and stressful experience. It takes an emotional toll on everyone, no matter how tough you are.
The first decision you should make right now is to either contact an attorney, or educate yourself and then contact an attorney. The Handler Law Firm can provide you a free and informative consultation to make things easier and speed up the process.
If you want to educate yourself first, simply explore our site. There is a labyrinth of laws that will affect you and many have recently changed. Just by reading some of our material, you will begin to see that those who attempt to accomplish a do-it-yourself divorce risk adverse results.
- Contested or Uncontested Divorce path should be determined first
- Filing for Divorce is simple and we do the paperwork for you
- Standing Orders govern each spouse’s behavior during the divorce process
- Divorce Waiting Period is the minimum time it will take to complete the process
- Spousal Maintenance (Alimony) can be an option in certain situations
- Community vs Separate Property is an important distinction in property division
- Responding to Your Spouse’s Divorce Filing is time sensitive
- Spousal Maintenance (Alimony) can be a factor depending on circumstances
- Selling Your Home In a Divorce should be considered and evaluated carefully
Divorce With Children Topics
- Parenting Plan will determine many issues regarding children
- Child Custody is usually a hot topic and we will address all of the circumstances
- Child Support laws are important and detailed
- Child Visitation can use standard schedules or tailored to fit your desires
- Mandatory Parenting Course will be determined by the judge
- Parenting Coordinator and Parenting Facilitator for high-conflict cases
If you are considering filing for divorce or your spouse just filed, it is very important to contact an attorney immediately. Attorney Vince Handler will aggressively help you protect your rights, your property, and your children so you can get on with your life. Contact us today.